ELLWOOD CITY ARTS, CRAFTS, FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT FESTIVAL
FRIDAY-June 30th, SATURDAY-July 1St, SUNDAY-2nd, 2017
2017 Rules and Regulations for all Craft Vendors & Food Vendors
The festival is located on the grounds of Ellwood City’s beautiful Ewing Park neighborhood and is easily accessible for local residents as well as visitors attending from afar. Our Festival offers an environment that is SMOKE FREE and PET FREE (unless a service dog is needed).
FESTIVAL HOURS: Daily 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
The flag raising and the National Anthem will take place at the entertainment stage each day at 11 a.m. Please have your booth ready for patrons at that time. The Festival is open to the public from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, followed by the fireworks display at 10:00 p.m.
All booths should remain open until 10:00 p.m. on Friday & Saturday. Booths may begin tearing down on Sunday at 9:00 p.m.
The Festival Committee designates the placement of all vendors. Those who participated in the previous year’s festival will be given approximately the same location if registration is received by May 1, 2017 . However, we will continue to take applications until all spaces are filled. The committee CANNOT GUARANTEE any specific location to any vendor. Booths must be open all three days of the festival. The grounds will be open for set-up beginning at 8 a.m. on Thursday, June 29th. No early set-ups!
PARKING & PARKING PASSES:
No vehicles will be permitted access to the park without a permit during the festival. YOU WILL RECEIVE 2 FREE PARKING PASSES IN YOUR PACKET WHEN YOU CHECK IN AT THE RED ,WHITE AND BLUE INFORMATION BOOTH ON SET-UP DAY. All food vendors/craft vendors will be issued one parking pass for the vendor parking area located along Riverside Drive as well as one 3-day long-term parking pass for the area located on the back loop of the park. (**Please note that vendor parking spaces are limited and are available only on a first come, first serve basis. Additional parking lots are available throughout the Ewing Park area. Cost is $5 per car.) Parking passes are not transferable. All parking passes must be displayed on the rear view mirror located above the steering wheel.
All motor homes and vehicles requiring overnight accommodations will be required to pay $75 for three days (payment must accompany application). Motor homes will not be permitted to remain in the arts and crafts parking lot along Washington Avenue and Riverside Drive.
There will be no booth refunds issued after June 15, 2017.
Electricity is provided throughout the festival grounds at the rates listed on the registration forms. In addition, 220-volt service is available only to those food vendors who had 220 volt service last year.
All applicants expressly agree to release the Borough of Ellwood City and the Ellwood City Arts, Crafts, Foods & Entertainment Festival, Inc., and their agents from all liability for injury, damage, or loss to persons or property. All food vendors are responsible for (and must provide documentation) product liability insurance, and adequate coverage for persons working within their booths. Please submit insurance policy with application if possible.
JURIED ART SHOW:
Open to oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, drawings, photographs, and crafts of original concept and design made by hand or appropriate tools. Note: Commercially produced kits, forms, or ceramic molds are not acceptable.
Child oriented attractions and participation arts and crafts projects for children will be located in the children’s area of the park.
We ask that the following rules be observed. Please read and retain for your records.
1. Handmade, original work only. No retail, wholesale, flea market, imports, or collectible items.
2. Consignment sales are not permitted. This includes wholesale and retail items.
3. Arts and crafts supplies and commercially produced kits and merchandise are not permitted.
4. Photographs, etchings, lithographs, silkscreens and paintings are all welcome. Although they are not titled as crafts, they are considered arts, and must be original in concept and design.
5. More than one medium or category may be sold from one booth, however, each category of work must be listed on the registration form. Please try to keep all items in your booth related to each other to avoid the look of a flea market stall.
6. Hand assembled hobby items such as models, hot iron transfers and pre-printed panels are NOT acceptable.
7. In addition to items that are not handmade by the participant, baseball cards, antiques, and collectibles are not acceptable.
8. Each artist or craftsman is responsible for providing his or her own booth display unit. Participants should not plan to “spread out” and unfairly take advantage of end or outside row space. All displays must not exceed the 16 x 16 space.
9. No arts and crafts sales will be permitted on set-up day.
10. Rented and/or professionally erected tents are permitted providing they are the canopy style with rolled up sides and must fit within the rented 16 x 16 space. They also must be light in color.
11. Computer-aided or generated work of any kind is unacceptable.
12. All children’s participation items will be permitted in the children’s area only.
13. The number of participants doing face paintings is limited to three in the main area and one in the children’s area.
14. All participants are limited to the show and sales of items listed on the registration form. Additions must be approved by the Festival Crafts Chairperson prior to the show.
15. Due to the risk of possible injuries, projectile crafts such as marshmallows, pop and rubber band guns or novelties such as Glo-Stix, Trix-Stix, fireworks of any type, are not permitted under any circumstances.
16. The Festival Committee reserves the right to require the removal of unsuitable work prior to, or during the festival.
17. All sales must be conducted within the participant’s booth. Strolling vendors are NOT permitted within the park or along the streets outside of the park.
18. The collection and payment of sales taxes are the responsibility of the participants. We urge all participants to obtain a tax number. For more information, Pennsylvania residents may call the sales tax office in New Castle at 724-656-3203 or your local Pennsylvania sales tax office. Applications may be handled via telephone or facsimile.
19. It is mutually agreed that this contract of privileges herein cannot be reassigned, sublet or otherwise disposed of without the written consent of the Festival Committee. By signing and returning the registration form the participant has agreed to abide by all of the above rules and regulation of the Ellwood City Arts, Crafts, Food & Entertainment Festival.
20. Any violation of these rules and regulations could result in your removal from the Ellwood City Arts, Crafts, Foods & Entertainment Festival.
The following hotels/motels are all located near the festival site. The Festival Committee has no connection to any of the following and is providing this list for your convenience.
* Beaver Valley Motel, Route 18———————–724-843-0630 or 1-800-400-8312
* Park Inn by Radisson, Route 18—————724-846-3700 or 1-800-613-1490
*Alpine Inn/Lark Motel, Route 18———————–724-846-0953 or 724-846-9820
*Boyer’s Countryside Inn, Wampum————————————–724-535-3040
Comfort Inn, Butler Road, New Castle————————————-724-658-7700
*Super 8 Motel, Rt. 18 ………………………………………………….724-843-9300
Super 8 Motel, Butler Road, New Castle———–724-658-8849 or 1-800-800-8000
Bear Run Campground, Portersville —————-724-368-3564 or 1-888-737-2605
Rose Point Park Campground, New Castle ——–724-924-2415 or 1-800-459-1561
Chapel Valley Estates Bed & Breakfast Ellwood City—————–724-752-2202
Forest Breeze Guest House, Ellwood City——————————-724-758-0190
*Less than two miles from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Exit 13
Please note: Participants are permitted to camp overnight in the park for a fee of $75 (see registration form). The showers adjacent to the swimming pool will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. each day, and the porta-johns and restrooms will also be open overnight for your convenience. The Festival Committee provides temporary electric services for campers; please provide your own outdoor extension cords that are at least 50 feet long. Motor homes or trailers that require electric services to run a stove, air conditioner, etc., cannot be parked at Shelter 8, only participants that purchase overnight permits can park in this area.
ELLWOOD CITY ARTS, CRAFTS, FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT FESTIVAL
The Festival committee would like to thank you for your co-operation and participation!
June 30th, July 1st & 2nd, 2017
SET UP DATE: Thursday, June 29, 2017
YOU MUST CHECK IN AT THE RED, WHITE & BLUE INFORMATION BOOTH TO RECEIVE YOUR PARKING PASSES & VERIFY YOUR BOOTH #.
BELOW YOU WILL FIND THE RULES & GUIDELINES FOR SET-UP DAY:
NOTHING IS ALLOWED TO BE DROPPED OFF PRIOR TO THE SET UP DAY!
All vendors should enter the festival grounds along Joffre Street and then turn right to circle the loop.
You may stop along fence to unload. When you are finished unloading; you MUST move your vehicle to an approved parking area.
POSITIVELY NO DRIVING ON PARK GROUNDS AT ANY TIME!
There will be a wooden stake, with your booth number, in the right hand corner of each space. THESE STAKES ARE TO REMAIN IN PLACE THROUGHOUT THE FESTIVAL…..PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE.
Picnic tables are for use of Festival patrons only…not vendors.
SATURDAY: is the 10K race—there will be an alternate route into the park that you must use between the hours of 7am—11am. You will be directed by volunteers along the race route.
Please take the time to re-read the rules and regulations sent to you prior to opening day!
MAKE IT A FESTIVAL WEEKEND!